Italian fashion and style house Ermenegildo Zegna has been producing stand-out fragrances for men since their very first back in 2003 (Essenza Di Zegna). When the label introduced its latest line, Elements of Man: The Life Collection, it was to much fanfare and anticipation – especially from DiscerningGent.com amongst many others.
The new curated collection features five fortified blends that focus around individual masculine attributes, namely Strength, Passion, Integrity, Talent and Wisdom. Each fragrance is a unique blend of robust, yet sophisticated, scents with the aim that each one embodies the defining elements of that trait.
Taking a closer look at each of the five scents – all Eau de Parfums:
- Integrity: an evocative fragrance given the blends of such aromas as Clary sage, pink pepper spices, summer-ripe pimento berries, pure African geranium and amber.
- Wisdom: an enlightening fragrance consisting of vivid citrus, Italian mandarin, white lemon, coriander, French lavender, neroli branches and finished off with musk.
- Passion: an intoxicating fragrance featuring olibanum, rich rum, smooth cognac, saffron, and amber.
- Strength: a powerful fragrance which brings together tobacco leaves, rich gourmand, golden honey, ripe apricot, Agarwood, pine needles and burnt musk.
- Talent: this artful fragrance combines Asian yuzu, Sichuan pepper, bergamot, black tea, patchouli and robust cedarwood.
Whilst the fragrance liquid is the star of the show here, the bottle and packaging also contain prominent elements of Ermenegildo Zegna’s fashion house. Peter Marino’s boutique façades, renowned for its intricate precision of design is reflected in the bottle cap and grooving detail, whilst the green jewel tone in the base draws the eye to these attention-grabbing scents.
RRP £195/50ml from Harrods